Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mom and Dad's garage is copper glaze.











Mom has been anxious to get her garage painted for some time now but we finally got to it last weekend. It looks a lot better. Tiffany enjoyed it, and didn't consider this job pointless. The girls I don't have a picture of the final result, everyone will just have to come and see it.




It turned out to be a bigger job than I was expecting. We hauled everything out of the garage and put it out in the drive way while we painted. You wouldn't believe the stuff that we discovered. We found things that had been expired for years, missing for decades, and other things that were made centuries ago. (Tiffany was pretty impressed with the butter churner) We didn't know what several items were or what to call them as we asked dad if we could throw them away. I heard mom say on several occasions that we were going to "throw away a lot of the junk", but you will see that most of it was returned to its place to be hauled out next time the garage is painted. Oh well, it will make for more learning experiences next time.

5 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Hey, you were supposed to call me to help you!! Looks like you had some good help anyway.

Olson Family said...

The girls looked like they had fun! I love Shannon's hair!

The Johnsons said...

Oh Tyson is getting so big. I give you a high five for posting faster this time. Way to go! Keep it up

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

Good job with the painting. Maybe we will make it over to see it some time

combes said...

wow i can't wait to see it. i thought we were all supposed to get together and do it that way?! I can believe that you hauled most of it back in though thats funny.